Thursday, November 13, 2014

And the scale tips back!

Last night I almost caved into eating a dinner after the yoga practice.  Instead, I munched on an Asian pear and some walnuts.  Also, I kept myself busy with fixing some climbing gear for a friend.

Today, I wake up to pitter-patter outside.  It's raining.  Even though I skip my morning jog, I am happy thinking about some snow coming our way with the arctic blast!  My daily ritual of going to the Great Balancer is very heartening.  I am at 167 and back on track!

Though I am not hungry, I eat a fried egg and a small piece of salmon washed down with some fruit & kale smoothie. I just know that I need the breakfast to keep me from crashing after my morning workout.  The time is pressing me into rushing out of the door and onto the gym.  At the gym, I climb lightly about 20 minute non-stop to promote recovery from yesterday's long workout.  Then, it's time for yoga.  What a joy to start the day with Jodi!


Well, my friends.  I am going to skip the dinner today again.  I think going to bed early is the key to this. And that is my tip for you today.

3 comments:

  1. Inspiring posts, Dima!

    I started seriously dieting last Monday and have lost 5 pounds since then, started at 199.0 and weighed in this morning at 194.2. I'm on phase 1 of the South Beach diet, which is pretty strict though I find it pretty easy. It's common for people to loose 10 pounds during phase 1.

    Basically, phase 1 lasts two weeks and you can eat as much as you want as long as you completely avoid carbohydrates. No grains, no high glycemic vegetables, no fruit or dairy, definitely no alcohol (ugh). I eat three full meals each day and have a snack mid morning and afternoon. The idea is to maintain your metabolism at an even keel so that you don't suffer frequent crashes, which is what causes the cravings. Most of the time I feel quite good.

    My goal is to get rid of that 30 pound baby I'm carrying around my gut. I walk 3 miles a day on my commute to work. After phase 1 I plan to add 15 minutes a day on the elliptical trainer and slowly increase it to 30 minutes, by which time I should be in good enough shape to start jogging again. I had to stop jogging after I gained so much weight that my joints started to hurt, so I'm looking forward to getting back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, I just thought that 1 pound a day might be too much. Make sure you are healthy and feeling well.

      Delete
  2. Keep kicking Ron! You will get there, but as they say "enjoy the journey". Do you plan to run in some specific race? Also, swimming is a good alternative exercise.

    ReplyDelete