Wednesday, May 20, 2015

165.8 and back from vacation

I know I have slacked with the blog.  It's not pretty, but I am back.  That's all that is important right now.  The rest did me some real good.

Last week, I developed a case of hemorrhoids due to over-straining on Butterfingers.  Woa, definitely a sign that I need to concentrate on mental aspect of climbing!  That is what I am going to do at Smith.  I am going to practice taking falls on gear!  I am going to set some air mileage goals for the trip shortly.

I am happy to announce that my elbows are 100% recovered.  I did an LB session yesterday despite my earlier decision not to pursue Power phase any longer.  I am still looking at what to do with my last stalled training cycle.

So far, here is the list of things that I must do differently in the future:
  1. Go into every workout with the stressed body parts 100% recovered and injury free! Ask questions:
    •  Are the muscles and tendons that I am going stress 100% injury free?
    • Will there be enough time after this workout to recover before a climbing trip?
  2. Stretch arms before and after every climbing/workout.  Also, stretch them on the recovery day 2-3 times.
  3. Opposing muscle and strengthening exercises after every workout: reverse curls, shoulder raises, lat lifts.  I will look up for more shoulder exercises.
  4. Perform training efficiently.  No more 4-5 hour workouts.  The workout should be done within 2-3 hours max.  This will limit opportunity of extra stress and increase rest time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment