Wednesday, May 6, 2015

162.8 + Rehab

Wohoo there! I know I have slacked on my blog.  Mostly it's because I went to climb in Yosemite for 4 days.  While we bailed off the Nose, I managed not to destroy my elbow recovery.  It's getting better.  I am stretching only 1-2 times daily, but intend to pick it up again now.

I added 2 more recovery yoga classes on Monday and Wednesday.  I will keep it going for another 15 sessions or so.

Today, I went to the gym to test my shoulder and elbows on harder climbs.  Climbed my first 12d at the gym with 4 falls.  I will start training power next week taking into account the lessons of the injury: stretch and take rests more than you think you need.

My weight challenge is going great; though, I suspect it has a bit to do with climbing El Cap.  I clocked at 162.8 - my lowest weight on record.  I am gearing to go to 160 by my Smith Rock trip in the last week of may.  That's 1 lb a week.  I can do it! 

Off to a jog tonight and no food thereafter.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment