Wednesday, March 18, 2015

This is my training cycle 2

So psyched!  My training is paying off!  I am finally happy with my mental game progress as well.  I am able to commit to climbing above gear, though with some initial hesitation.  Baby steps!

I just need to be disciplined so that I don't get injured: don't climb and train hard at the same time!  My elbow and hands are jacked after venturing on Silk Road at the Calaveras Dome. 

So, this week, I am unfortunately taking a forced rest.

I am on the strength phase, half way through.  Next is the hang board workout 6 (HB6).  Most likely, my fingers will heal only next week.  Hitting cardio and core!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I want to be part of your weight comp. Need somewhere to report the results. 175lbs now. Want to get down to 160 by the end of April. Lower than 170 by the end of March ideally.
    This season sent some projects of mine Nose in a day, Red Zinger (11d) and Crack a go go (11c). Time to work on strength starting next week. This week I am transitioning a bit. Bouldering and doing some hanging on HB but not too crazy, want to slowly get into it.
    How often should we report?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey V, the comp is over here. I am just reusing this blog for entering my training results. I should probably start another blog altogether.

    I am going to start another weight comp some time soon. It will be AFTER my strength phase per Training Manual recommendations.

    Your goal is a bit ambitious, which is not bad in itself. 15 lbs is like 9% of your body weight. In my experience, this is unrealistic in 2 months given how much active we already are.

    But yeah, I will let you know when I restart the comp.

    ReplyDelete