Thursday, August 13, 2015

HB3 and beyond. Interesting article too.

Hello,  I am back after starting hand PT.

Last weekend I got on Tradewinds on Incredible Hulk.  I was totally shut down on 11c 7th pitch.  It made me realize how far mentally I am behind in this game.  I even started to question why I climb on that pitch.  Time to get back to mental training and falling again.



Yesterday, I completed HB3.  I am going to continue with strength phase before Australia.  Also, I need to keep going with mental training practice.

I found this article helpful: PlanetMountain: Lynn Hill interview
Quoting Lynn:
How did you prepare for the “impossible” Nose?First and foremost I believed in myself. Then I trained... a lot! Five months just for the first free ascent in less than 24 hours. The training was both physical and mental. I ran, climbed, worked-out... but above all I concentrated on the mental aspect, how to approach the climb from a psychological point of view. The motivation, style and ascent were the result of this intense preparation. And this subsequently underlined my conviction that climbing isn’t simply about reaching the summit, but rather everything that revolves around it. The way you reach the summit. This means living each moment enthusiastically, on the path that leads towards the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment